Using Nagios XI to Monitor More Than Servers and Network Devices
Nagios XI is a powerful network monitoring tool that is typically used to monitor servers, applications, and network devices. However, Nagios XI can also be used for a number of unusual purposes. Here are a few examples:
- Monitoring physical security: Nagios XI can be used to monitor physical security devices, such as door locks, motion sensors, and fire alarms. This can be helpful for organizations that want to ensure the safety of their employees and property.
- Monitoring environmental conditions: Nagios XI can be used to monitor environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity, and air quality. This can be helpful for organizations that need to ensure that their facilities are operating in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Monitoring employee productivity: Nagios XI can be used to monitor employee productivity. This can be done by tracking the amount of time that employees spend on certain websites or applications. This information can then be used to identify areas where employees are wasting time and make changes to improve productivity.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction: Nagios XI can be used to monitor customer satisfaction. This can be done by tracking the number of customer complaints and the time it takes to resolve them. This information can then be used to identify areas where customer service can be improved.
These are just a few examples of outside the box ways to use Nagios XI. If you have a creative mind, there are probably many other ways that you can use Nagios XI to improve your organization’s operations.
Here are some additional tips for using Nagios XI:
- Be creative: Don’t be afraid to think outside the box when you’re using Nagios XI. If you can think of a way to use Nagios XI to improve your organization’s operations, then go for it!
- Get help: If you’re not sure how to use Nagios XI in a particular way, there are plenty of resources available to help you. MCS can provide implementation help for writing custom plugins.
- Have fun: Nagios XI is a powerful tool, but it doesn’t have to be all work and no play. If you can find ways to use Nagios XI to make your job easier or more enjoyable, then that’s a win-win!