Position Level: Associate
Locations: Chicago, IL and Springfield, IL
Summary: The Associate Web Developer is responsible for delivering software with quality using agile/scrum software development practices. MCS provides software consulting services primarily for medium to enterprise businesses and government entities. The application developer works closely with customers, so having excellent customer service and communication skills are required. Developers work in a team with other developers, quality assurance professionals, and project leaders. Project work will include both new projects, feature additions to existing projects, and security/defect fixes for projects in maintenance.
– PHP 5 / 7+
– HTML 5 / CSS
– MySQL / PDO
– 2+ years of professional work experience
– Experience developing with frameworks
– Familiar with CMS theme, plugin, extension development.
– Preferred experience with Craft CMS customization
– Familiar with using agile development practices
– Bachelor’s degree or better
– Must be US citizen
– Company Match Retirement Plan
– 3 Weeks PTO
– PPO Health Insurance Offered
Position Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Location: Springfield, IL, Chicago, IL, or Remote Worker
Employment Type: Project Based, Part-Time
– Experience deploying and customizing Nagios XI for the Enterprise
– Experience with Nagios Log Server and Nagios Network Analyzer
– 3+ years of professional work experience
– Experience with add-ons (Mod-Gearman, NRPE, NS-Client, etc)
– SNMP version v2 and v3
– Excellent communication skills to interact directly with customers professionally
– Knowledge of synthetic web transactions (Selenium)
– Coding experience is a plus (PHP)
– Bachelor’s degree
– Linux (CentOS 5-7)
– Ability to travel to customer’s site when needed (nationwide). Most projects are done completely remotely but some projects will require some travel.
– Must be able to work in the US immediately without sponsorship
MCS is a featured partner for Nagios products and works with organizations all over the US from Fortune 50 companies to smaller organizations. Typical projects would be installing Nagios according to best practices, adding servers, networking equipment, synthetic web transactions, databases, and any other monitor to Nagios XI.
Nearly all projects will involve some form of training and hand-off sessions with customer’s IT staff. Custom documentation and training collateral will need to be created. Our goal is to leave our customers with all of the tools and knowledge they need to successfully take over day to day operations of their monitoring software.
Nagios Full Suite
While Nagios XI is the most popular product we sell and deploy, we also use and deploy Nagios Log Server and Network Analyzer.